Friday, October 15, 2010

Do you Whrrl?


"In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response."So head over to her site, An Island Life and answer her question but while you are here you might as well answer mine:
Do you Whrrl?

So what the heck is Whrrl? I didn't know anything about it a few days ago, but when Ellen @ Thrifty & Chic Mom asked me to share a tutorial with her readers in Whrrl story format, I quickly found out. The premise of this social media is to check in at places you visit and then find societies of people that like the same thing. It gets you out of your social rut.



As I pick myself off the floor from laughing my behind off, I can tell you that I like my social rut and am not in any hurry to get out of it. My "Check In" history would look something like this.... @ Minivan coming home from karate... @ Publix grocery shopping... @ Dining Room Table playing play-dough... @ Minivan on way to play practice... @ Computer working on whatever is needed.... @ Bed, at the time lots of people are going out because I get up at 4.....



No, Whrrl for it's real purpose would not be useful to me but the story feature is a nice one. Go to Thrifty & Chic Mom today to check it out. My tutorial is how to make marshmallow fondant. My favorite cake making tool. :)

5 comments:

  1. Nope - don't even know what it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it once.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/can-you-save-500-by-the-holidays/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound interesting, however I have not heard of it.
    had to laugh at your up by 4am....I'm usually up by 530am and I only have a teen and hubby. however that time of day is so quiet, i love it.
    My Aloha Friday link for you making it easier to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have not heard of it. Not sure I want to. don't like the world knowing everything about me and where I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I've never heard of it until now.

    ReplyDelete